HOPE VALLEY CHURCH EXISTS TO HONOR GOD AND BRING THE HOPE OF THE GOSPEL TO LIFE IN OUR CITY BY INSPIRING PEOPLE TO KNOW, TRUST & FOLLOW JESUS.
If you have a particular doctrinal question, we welcome the conversation! Please contact us at your convenience.
Hope Valley is a Christian church in the historic, orthodox, tradition of the Reformation. We love the great doctrines of our faith, teach them passionately, celebrate them worshipfully, and do our best to live them gracefully. These convictions include the following beliefs:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one eternal, almighty and perfect God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of humanity, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of death.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We also affirm the historic creeds of our faith, including the Apostle’s Creed and the Nicene Creed.
Lordship: We can trust God with our lives and it is a joy and a pleasure to honor God as the authority in our lives.
Evangelism: We believe that good things are worth sharing - and there's no greater news than the love of God revealed through Jesus.
Discipleship: We love to help one another know, trust and follow Jesus.
Leadership Development: We are committed to equipping people to fulfill the call of God on their life inside and outside of the church.
Family: There's something for everyone here because generational ministry reflects God's His priority on family.
(Our way of life)
Unity > Uniformity. Our dream to build a church that looks like heaven means that we will have different points of view on many (sometimes most) issues. For as much as it is possible, we will live according to this maxim "In essentials, unity. In non-essentials, liberty. In all things, charity."
We Choose You! We choose you is a decision that we have made to devote ourselves to the mission of helping people of every background learn what it is to know, trust and follow Jesus.
Participation > Observation. In a time where it's easy to watch the world go by we believe that our participation matters.
We're ALL Ministers. We believe that ministry is everyones responsibility. The role of the staff is to equip the church for the work of ministry that we all share.
About That 4E Life. We are committed to growing, and helping other people grow in their love and trust and life in Jesus.
Room For One More. We aim to be a people of radical hospitality. We'll cut a hole in the ceiling if we need to. (<-That's a reference to Mark 2:4).